Go TO Content

Those who are employed should enroll through their company, firm, or affiliated organization:

1.Company chairpersons/owners
They can serve as their own insurance registration unit. If they have other jobs, then they can be insured through their main employer.
2.Company employees with fixed employers
They are enrolled through their employers.
3.Those employed, but without a fixed employer
Individuals who are members of an occupational union or a farmers' or fishermen's association, or who are actively engaged in farming- or fishing-related jobs, should enroll in the National Health Insurance program through their occupational union, or farmers' or fishermen's association.
4.Individuals working two jobs at the same time
They should be registered in the program through their main employer (determined by the place at which more hours are worked; if hours worked are similar, and then income can be used as the deciding factor).
5.Individuals on unpaid leave
They can have their employers, if they are willing, continue to register them using their original income basis. The insured should pay 30% of the NHI premium to the organization they are insured under monthly. If the original organization they are insured under does not agree to this, they can be insured under an employed spouse or direct blood relative. If they are not married, they can apply for insurance through the local household registration office.
6.Parents on unpaid parental leave
Parents of newborn children who take unpaid parental leave under the “Gender Equality in Employment Act” can either continue to have their employers register them under their original income basis or be registered through their employed spouses. For those paying their own NHI premiums, the bill will be mailed to the insured for payment. Payment can be delayed up to 3 years. If insurance is transferred out, one should apply for insurance through an employed spouse. If unmarried, they can apply for insurance through the local household registration office.